Please note that United Tenants of Albany is located at 255 Orange Street, Albany, NY. UTA accepts walk-ins on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Please call us at 518-436-8997 to set up an appointment.
A Better Place to Live


United Tenants utilizes volunteers throughout the year for various community service projects and events. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer please complete the form below.


Become an intern at UTA!

“I had such a great experience!”

Alexis was an intern here at UTA during her senior year at University at Albany. Alexis was enrolled in the BSW program and wanted to gain experience working at an organization that was community based. Alexis often worked on the housing hotline and interacted with clients calling in for advice on housing and tenants’ rights.

For any current students interested in interning at UTA, Alexis wanted to pass on the advice to be open minded, “You’ll be exposed to a lot of things. You’ll learn how employment, education, mental heath, substance abuse, and housing are all factors that play into a person’s well being. You’re going to learn a lot about housing and how the housing crisis affects people”.

Alexis has since graduated from UAlbany and is now pursuing a MSW in Clinical Social Work. Go Alexis!


NEW EVICTION MORATORIUM PROTECTIONS ARE IN EFFECT! Tenants facing eviction should fill out a Declaration of Hardship form and submit it to their landlord ASAP to have protections from eviction until 8/31/2021. Tenants should also provide a copy of the Hardship form to the court. A copy can be emailed to or mailed to Albany City Court-Civil, 24 Eagle St. #209, Albany, NY 12207. Tenants who are: (A) experiencing financial hardships and/or (B) would be at high-risk for severe illness/death from COVID19 if forced to move must fill out a hardship form and give it to their landlord to be protected.

UTA offers financial assistance towards back rent or financial assistance to help tenants move into a new apartment. UTA also offers utility assistance to help tenants pay towards national grid bill. Call our hotline to request assistance and read about this service here.

Social Feed


Need Assistance?

All requests for assistance are handled through the Housing Hotline. Tenants seeking assistance can reach our Housing Hotline at (518) 436-8997 extension 3. A housing counselor will return calls in the order they are received.  We appreciate your patience while we respond to high call volumes. Requests and questions can also be sent to

Stay in the Know

Join our Mailing List!

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.